Monday, August 2, 2010

Wishful Thinking

I wish I may, I wish I might...remember when that little mantra, whispered quietly as you stood in your front yard and gazed up at the stars, used to work?

It probably does still, and the the stars probably align at times too, but today I am not wishing upon any more stars, aligned or not. I'm kind of over stars right now.

"One day more" turned into one week more; one week more turned into two weeks more, and two weeks more is still mid-morph.  But I am here, in DC, smiling and wishing and thinking about how lucky I am to be here.

Good things don't come easy, but this move to DC has been a bit more difficult than I could have ever imagined. It can only mean that great things are ahead....right?

Life has taught me to be strong, tenacious, determined, forthright, but that being said, futons are not all they're cracked up to be. And sitting on the floor leaves a bit to be desired too.

It's amazing how a simple experience, such as a terrible move, can make you appreciate the little things. And I do.

But still, I wish I may, I wish I might...sleep on a real bed tonight.

Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment