Monday, August 23, 2010

24

24.

A simple number.

A multiple of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12 and 24.

Two even numbers, side-by-side. Nothing odd about 24 at all.

What do you think of when you see "24"?

The award winning TV show?

24 Hour Fitness, where you sweat off pounds and inches? 

How many hours you have until this time tomorrow?

Two dozen? Eggs? Donuts?

The number 24 will have significant meaning for me forever.

At this moment the number 24 means only one thing to me.

It's the number of stairs to my condo.

The number of stairs I climbed up and then down and then up and then down dozens of times during my frantic unpacking - breaking down boxes - hauling to the curb marathon over the past 4 24-hour periods (days). I am exhausted!

I may be old. I may need to lose 24 pounds, or more. I may have hit 24 twice, plus a few more years. But I am determined, I am stubborn, I am strong, I really AM exhausted. But I did it.

24 stairs. Probably 24 times. In 24 hours.

Not bad for an almost 24 + 24+ 24(1/3) year old.

Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment