Sunday, July 18, 2010

License Plate Blues

It's official. I'm headed East. The Atlas Team has invited me to join them (again) and I am both ecstatic and grateful! Honestly, I couldn't be much more excited.

In fact, right now there is only one thing that might be more exciting, and it's suddenly become unattainable to me. That's right, an impossible goal, the Don Quixote moment that will never come.

All I have wanted (beyond the job of my dreams, which I now have!), was a DC license plate. You know, the one that says in big bold letters "Taxation Without Representation". I love that plate...and not for display in DC, but to make a statement wherever I drive because the statement rings true in all 50 states, not just the obvious District of Columbia (where residents do not have a vote).

But is the Holy Grail of pre-pressed license plate messaging to be mine?!? NO!

Why, you ask? Why can’t I have the license plate of my dreams?

Because I will be living in Arlington, Virginia. In Courthouse, Arlington, Virginia to be exact. Where the license plate is framed in autumn leaves (or some other ridiculously gaudy non-messaging design).

And almost worse, I won't have time to get the fabulous and newly designed New Mexico centennial plates (2012), with turquoise background, yellow lettering and a red-centered Zia proudly displayed in the middle. I’m moving to VA so I can’t have this one either.
So, I'm dancing in the halls about my job, but there will be no bouncing in the driver’s seat of my still Utah-licensed car.

I'm moving to DC Virginia, and I've got the License Plate Blue-uues.

Ohhhh yeahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment